Saturday, March 17, 2012

Editing

Teaching children how to edit/check their own work can be a very long process. It is something I am now trying to teach my year 3's and a few of my year 2's. Most of them are now underlining words they aren't sure of but not actually going back to try and fix them up. They are also starting to understand re-reading for sense and punctuation. I created these editing pencils last year and have just brought them out for my class this year.


I print, laminate and cut them out and then punch a hole in the top left hand corner and attach them to a large ring (photo to come). At the moment my rings only have the things I am teaching them about but as they progress I will add more pencils to the rings. If you would like a copy you can get them here.

What things do you do to teach editing? I would love to hear some different ways to help my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment